- Interview by: Linsey Lindberg
- Interviewee: John Fealey
- Original Recording Date: March 25, 2012
- Date: Aired: October 15, 2012
- Locations: Recorded via Skype between Linsey: Austin Texas and John: Liverpool, England
- Music Used in this Podcast:
- Mixed and edited by: Linsey Lindberg and David Aiken for the Busker Hall of Fame
Comments: John Fealey has been ‘off the radar’ for the better part of his career. His brilliance as a performer and director have lead event producers to seek him out and provide 100% artistic control to a guy who doesn’t even have a business card.
John was originally contacted by ‘Foreign Correspondent’ for the BUSKER HOF, Nick Nickolas, but the audio quality from that original recording was compromised due to a computer glitch. Even so, we knew we needed to reconnect because we felt that John had some very important ideas to share.
‘Instigator of Big Ideas’ for the BUSKER HOF, Linsey Lindberg, conducted a pre-interview with John on March 25th and David Aiken ended up speaking with him a few times there after, but we opted to go back to pre-interview recording because of the spontaneous feel that it had and because it recorded the very first meeting between John and Linsey, a meeting which sparked a friendship.
As mentioned in the Podcast, we’ve set up a number for people to call and share a memory they have about Robert Nelson for a tribute episode that we’re hoping to put together before the end of the year. The number to call is: