- Interviewers: Eric Amber and Magic Brian
- Interviewees: Shay Horay and Fraser Hooper
- Original Recording Dates:
- Eric Amber/Shay Horay: February 20, 2013
- Magic Brian/Fraser Hooper: March 5, 2014
- Date: Aired: May 15, 2014
- Eric Amber: North Vancouver, BC, Canada (Recorded Via Skype)
- Shay Horah: New Zealand (Recorded Via Skype)
- Magic Brian & Fraser Hooper: Adelaide, SA, Australia
- Notes about the Image: Thanks to Keith Nelson (aka Kinko the Clown) for allowing us to use his image for the cover artwork of this episode. For more information about Keith, check out: http://www.bindlestiff.org
- Mixed and edited by: Magic Brian and David Aiken for The Busker Hall of Fame
Comments: For some reason this story seems a bit of the opening lyrics to the Talking Head’s song, Once in a Life Time – “And you might find yourself behind the wheel of a large automobile, and you might find yourself in another part of the world, and you might ask yourself – Well… How did I get here?”
The ingredients of the story? Three clowns in a car, five police vehicles, sirens, flashing lights and an absolutely incredible case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Even for the three people involved in this story the particulars of how the cosmos conspired to have them in the midst of an incredibly chaotic, somewhat scary, and in the end, hilarious situations, still remain a mystery.
Was it simply a case of mistaken identity, a weird and wonderfully unfathomable instance of clown karma? Life is stranger than fiction and with some busker stories if the people involved didn’t have pictures to back their stories up, you’d think they were making it up.