- Interview by: David Aiken
- Interviewee: Michael Trautman
- Original Recording Dates: August 21, 2014
- Date: Aired: December 31, 2014
- Location: Hotel Room in Lawrence, Kansas during the Lawrence Busker’s Festival
- Mixed and edited by: David Aiken for The Busker Hall of Fame
Comments: It’s a big world, but in relative terms, a pretty small community of street performers who travel the world to play at festivals that showcase great street theatre so it’s no surprise that performers end up running into each other all the time in various countries around the globe.
Just over two decades ago one such meeting occurred between Michael Trautman and David Aiken when they were both brought to Japan to perform at the Shizuoka Diadogei World Cup. Having acquired a taste for Japanese food while living in NYC, Michael was keen to go to an authentic sushi restaurant and convinced David to join him. This is the tale of what they experienced that night.
Bonus Material – This was the Poster from the Festival that Year.