- Interview by: Mike Wood
- Interviewee: Mat Ricardo
- Original Recording Date: September 11, 2012
- Date: Aired: November 1, 2012
- Location: Shoreditch House, London
- Music Used in this Podcast:
- Mixed and edited by: David Aiken for the Busker Hall of Fame
Comments: Mat Ricardo is the very definition of a Gentleman Juggler. Starting out as a street performer at Covent Garden in the late 80s, Mat is now a fixture on London’s flourishing Cabaret Scene. He is the producer and host of Mat Ricardo’s London Varieties (which has its own fantastic podcast)
Mike and Mat sat down for a couple drinks at Shoreditch House in London and got their natter on. What didn’t make it to the recording is how much food they ate afterward, and how many miles Mat jogged the following week in an effort to work off his caramel parfait.
Check out Mat’s photography here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/matricardo/sets/
As mentioned in the Podcast, we’ve set up a number for people to call and share a memory they have about Robert Nelson for a tribute episode that we’re hoping to put together before the end of the year. The number to call is:
- Subscribe to the Podcast on iTunes by Clicking here
- Sign up for the Busker Hall of Fame Newsletter by – clicking here!
- Visit and contribute to the companion page to this Podcast on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/BuskerHallofFame
- Follow the Busker Hall of Fame on Twitter @BuskerStories